Another software update hitting on Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 wich bumps to firmware build number dubbed as N900XXUENG3 by Samsung. It is still based on Android 4.4.2 KitKat and has seen on several countries in Middle East and Africa. The N900XXUENG3 have exactly the same changelist to the previous update released N900XXUENG1. Since the 4.4.2 rolled out it has added some new stuff, bug-fixes and improvements on Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900.
Noting that Samsung has never been addressed any detailed changelog, so we have gather some of the changes since day one of the 4.4.2 update.
Some of the changes you are going to notice on the 4.4.2 update:
• Kids mode installer support.
• Virtual tour mode in camera.
• Updated Knox 2.0.
• Batter fully charged icon changed.
• Battery life seem improved.
• WiFi connectivity issues resolved.
• The term “Location” is used instead of GPS in notification panel.
So better check it out if you have received the N900XXUENG3 update.
Technical details of the N900XXUENG3 update
Device model number: SM-N900
Android version: 4.4.2
Baseband version: N900XXUENG1
Kernel version: 3.4.39 – 1955999
Build number: KOT49H.N900XXUENG3
Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 4.4.2 KitKat Update N900XXUENG3
|Country | Carrier||Availability|
|Russian Federation (Megafon)|
|United Arab Emirates||Yes!|
How to Update the Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 to 4.4.2 KitKat N900XXUENG3
Update to 4.4.2 KitKat N900XXUENG3 via Over-The-Air (OTA)
There are two types you can update your Samsung Galaxy Note 3, the first method is Firmware Update through over the air or called as OTA update, which usually a notification message will directly sent to you and saying that there is a new update available for download. You can also tap on your Galaxy Note 3 Settings>>General tab, scroll to and tap System Update. It will automatically tells you that a new update is available or your software is up to date when there is none yet. You can simply tap install now when you want to perform an update or install later.
Update to 4.4.2 KitKat N900XXUENG3 Through Kies
The second method is a firmware update through Samsung Kies. You may head-over to your local Samsung support page from where you can download Samsung Kies from there, and install it (guide for installation) in your Windows or Mac computer. Choose the new Kies 3 which supports the Galaxy Note 3 and other Samsung devices running with 4.3 ,4.4.2 and up OS . Once you installed Kies 3, all you need is connect your Galaxy Note 3 to the computer using the USB cable, then simply run and follow the Kies on-screen software update instructions.
Important Note Before Performing Software Update
According to Samsung you should prepare the following things before performing the software update. I will also add some useful insights why you should follow this procedures.
- You should make sure your battery is fully charged before performing the software update. Do not also remove the battery during the software update is in progress. A power failures may cause damaged to your device that might results as we so-called “soft-bricks”. If this happens your device may just stuck on Samsung logo or welcome screen and can’t reboot normally.
- You should back-up your important files, including contacts, emails, messages, photos, videos, apps and other stuff. Like I said while during software update process is interrupted there is a possibility that your data stored from your device internal SD card may lose or deleted when a sudden unexpected failure happens and it forces you to perform a factory.
- Your device should not been modified or rooted, there is a certain circumstances that a modified and rooted Samsung Galaxy Note 3 may not accept any official software update anymore or it can accept an update but it might harm your device once the update has made. Learn about the new Samsung KNOX security suite. Most known error that says ‘firmware upgrade encountered an issue, please select recovery mode in kies and try again‘ you should try to avoid that from happening.
If it happens that your a proud owner of the Galaxy Note 3 and have managed updating to N900XXUENG3 4.4.2, just please share to us some of your thoughts about it. Is there any other improvements you’ve noticed that hasn’t around there before? How about the battery life performance, as well as the smoothness, speed while browsing apps, SMS, videos, photos, contacts and among other else?