N900VVRUCNC4 Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for those who are rocking Verizon Galaxy Note 3 SM-G900V. The N900VVRUCNC4 is already held and officially available to download using Verizon Software Assistant, Samsung Kies 3 and via OTA over the air update. Earlier last month, we already seen the KitKat update on U.S Galaxy Note 3 variants, we saw the 4.4.2 KitKat update roll out on Sprint Galaxy Note 3 N900P, then followed by the T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 N900T and AT&T Galaxy Note 3 G900A variants. Thankfully, Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 KitKat update has surfaced later today.
The N900VVRUCNC4 is 4.4.2 direct upgrade from previous 4.3 Jelly Bean build version N900VVRUBMJE. Your device should not been rooted so you can get the update without any hiccups. The KitKat update brings several features such as the new white status bar icon, a camera shortcut in the lock screen some Verizon default apps like the emergency alerts and ISIS Mobile Wallet. You can also experience smoothness when your device running on KitKat, battery life improvements, and among other KitKat goodies.
Technical details of the firmware build 4.4.2 N900VVRUCNC4
Model name: GALAXY Note 3
Model number: SM-N900V
Android Version: 4.4.2 (KitKat)
Baseband version: N900VVRUCNC4
Kernel version: 3.4.0 dpi@SWDD5020 #1
Build number: KOT49H.N900VVRUCNC4
The update itself is officially rolling out via Samsung Kies, Verizon Software Assistant and OTA. You may grab Kies 3 or Verizon’s Upgrade Assistant which available on Mac and Windows computers. Below are just a simple guide on how to get the N900VVRUCNC4 4.4.2 KitKat firmware.
How to Update your Verizon Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900V to 4.4.2 N900VVRUCNC4
There are three method you can update your Verizon Galaxy Note 3 to 4.4.2 KitKat N900VVRUCNC4. You may choose one method which might been easier for you to perform an update.
Update to 4.4.2 N900VVRUCNC4 via Verizon Software Update Assistant
This is the first method and exclusively available for Verizon devices. Just head-over to Verizon’s support page and then simply grab the Software Update Assistant into your computer. Just follow the fully detailed instruction from there.
Update to 4.4.2 N900VVRUCNC4 via Over-The-Air (OTA)
The second method is Firmware Update through over the air or called as OTA update, which usually a notification message will directly sent to you and saying that there is a new update available for download. You can also tap on your Galaxy Note 3 Settings>>General tab, scroll to and tap System Update. It will automatically tells you that a new update is available or your software is up to date when there is none yet. You can simply tap install now when you want to perform an update or install later.
Update to 4.4.2 N900VVRUCNC4 Using Kies 3
The third method is a firmware update through Samsung Kies. You may head-over to your local Samsung support page from where you can download Samsung Kies from there, and install it (guide for installation) in your Windows or Mac computer. Choose the new Kies 3 which supports the Galaxy Note 3 and other Samsung devices running with 4.3 ,4.4.2 and up OS . Once you installed Kies 3, all you need is connect your Galaxy Note 3 to the computer using the USB cable, then simply run and follow the Kies on-screen software update instructions.
Important Note Before Performing Software Update
According to Samsung you should prepare the following things before performing the software update. I will also add some useful insights why you should follow this procedures.
- You should make sure your battery is fully charged before performing the software update. Do not also remove the battery during the software update is in progress. A power failures may cause damaged to your device that might results as we so-called “soft-bricks”. If this happens your device may just stuck on Samsung logo or welcome screen and can’t reboot normally.
- You should back-up your important files, including contacts, emails, messages, photos, videos, apps and other stuff. Like I said while during software update process is interrupted there is a possibility that your data stored from your device internal SD card may lose or deleted when a sudden unexpected failure happens and it forces you to perform a factory.
- Your device should not been modified or rooted, there is a certain circumstances that a modified and rooted Samsung Galaxy Note 3 may not accept any official software update anymore or it can accept an update but it might harm your device once the update has made. Learn about the new Samsung KNOX security suite. Most known error that says ‘firmware upgrade encountered an issue, please select recovery mode in kies and try again‘ you should try to avoid that from happening.
Just do share to us how’s your the N900VVRUCNC44.4.2 update perform on your Verizon Galaxy Note 3. You may check everything, from network to data connectivity, speed, smoothness and don’t forget about the battery life performance.
Update: N900VVRUCNC4 Changelog now official posted by Verizon.
N900VVRUCNC4 4.4.2 Kit Kat Release Notes:
• Memory Optimization
– Improves multitasking performance
– Improves screen responsiveness
• Improved Rendering Performance
– Utilizes multi-texturing
– Improves visual and delivers more effects
• Built-In Printing Support
– Connect to Google Cloud, HP ePrinter and more
– Print photos, documents and web pages from device
• Basic Visual Voice Mail lets you listen to and manage messages
directly from your phone.
• Premium Visual Voice Mail includes Voice Mail to Text and
Caller Dependent Greetings
• Voice Mail to Text converts the first 45 seconds of each voice mail to
text so you can discreetly read voice mails without listening to them
• Create up to 20 personal greetings to welcome a caller or
a group of callers
• Set of Emoji icons in Samsung
keyboard has been updated
• ‘Handwriting Mode’ layout has
• ‘Full Screen View’ has been added
• Any type of application now uses
• ‘Create Contact’ tip has been
added to Contact Tips pop-up
Overall changes and list of pre-loaded apps can be found here – Verizon pdf.