It might be almost all Galaxy Note 3 variants across the world has received the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat update, but the Canadian variants did not allow it to be left-behind. On Monday, 17th of March 2014, the Canadian carriers such as Bell, Rogers and Telus has unleashed the 4.4.2 KitKat update for the Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900W8 phones. Users of the Galaxy Note 3 to these three giant carriers has started seeing the KitKat update that comes with the software build numbers N900W8VLUCNB7. The N900W8VLUCNB7 will then overrides the previous 4.3 update N900W8VLUBMJ4.
Here are the quick recap about the features of the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update,
- OS upgrade to Android 4.4.2 (KitKat)
- New Lock Screen Access
- Media Controls – full-screen album art and media controls when listening to music.
- Camera Shortcut – access the Camera application right fromthe lock screen.
- SMS App Chooser – select a default application for sending and receiving SMS text messages.
- Restyled Status and Navigation Bars – status and navigation bars are translucent and can sit on top of apps, along with simplified status bar icons.
- Consolidated Location Settings – location services are integrated and more detailed by new Location menu.
- Expanded Emoji Icons.
- Wireless Printing – supports printing over Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
- Prevention Information pop-up message is suppressed.
This update was already announced by Rogers community support team and has been also promised by Samsung Canada way back few days ago.
Some lucky owners from Bell, Rogers and Telus Note 3 variants already received the said KitKat update, but the rolled out usually takes in stages and that means not everyone can receive an update at the same time, so better check it either through OTA or through Samsung Kies. The software update download file size is 437.05MB.
Here are the firmware build info:
Android version – 4.4.2 (KitKat)
Baseband version – N900W8VLUCNB7
Kernel version – 3.4.0-859721 dpi@SWDD3918 #1 Thu Feb 27 17:05:41 KST 2014
Build Number – KOT49H.N900W8VLCNB7
In addition, there’s no word on what time the update will be available to all other Canadian carriers such as Wind, Videotron, Mobilicity, Fido, Virgin mobile, Koodo, Sasktel and Eastlink, but it should follow very shortly so just continue checking your device for a notification to get the KitKat update. you may find more info by hitting the sources below.