The Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900V) is also getting a new update to build N900VVRUEOF1. While other major U.S. carriers like AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile has also recently released a new update to which particularly addressed the (Stagefright) vulnerability, Verizon’s update is quite something different version of the update. Even though the update includes the security patch that fixes the Stagefright bug but it also brings loads of bug fixes and several improvements. There is also some changes being implemented to prevent lockout of the device after a software upgrade.
The following is a changelog quote of the of N900VVRUEOF1 update:
- Fixed an issue where in some cases the Alarm Clock does not start up.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes the “Answer calls with voice command” was not working.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes the user is getting white squares on lock screen ONLY instead of #s.
- Fixed an issue in some rare cases when removing or adding icons/widgets on any of the home screens the display shows the Touch Wiz force close notification.
- Fixed an issue related to Camera Application crashing only in Easy Mode.
- Implemented a change to prevent lockout of the device after a
software upgrade (affects devices that have been encrypted).
- Improvements to the Reactivation lock (lost or stolen device security).
- Android security patches.
While reading the changelog details itself, it sounds like that this is a must update to those who might have been experiencing some of those aforementioned problems above. To learn more about the update you may head over to Verizon Galaxy Note 3 Support page here.